A revolutionary new cleaning product is out in the market. This product is all-natural and contains no harmful chemicals. This product is known to wipe out grease stains easily from any kitchen utensil and from ovens that have collected grime. An amazing miracle product like this can be used in plumbing, kitchens, bathrooms, it can even be used on yourself.
If this sounds like the introduction to a home television shopping infomercial peddling the latest and greatest innovation our inventors have come up with at an astounding price don’t worry it isn’t. This wonder product I am talking about is probably in each of your kitchens right now. I’m talking about baking soda! Baking soda which is used primarily to make yeast rise in baking products also has wonderful cleaning properties that are not harmful to anyone at home because it’s all natural. This life hack goes over the wonderful things baking soda can do for you:
Clean Grease Off Pans
If your pans have done a lot of frying then it’s probably filthy from all the grease that has collected on it. Don’t pull out that metal brush, especially don’t do that if you have non-stick pans, don’t even bother planning a workout at the kitchen. Here’s how to get them cleaned up nicely:
- Spread the baking soda through the entire surface of the pan. Place more in areas with more grease.
- Pour some vinegar on to the pan’s surface. Even plain vinegar will do, no need for the more expensive apple cider variant.
- Watch the nice, fizzy chemical reaction.
- Add a little water and let it stand for an hour.
After an hour the bits and pieces of grease will be floating and you’ll find it easy to scrub the pan with an ordinary sponge.
This natural formula of baking soda and vinegar can also be used on your plumbing. If you have a clogged sink that is slow to drain you can unclog it without chemicals or reaching into it by following these steps:
- Pour boiling water down the drain. Wait for a minute for it to slowly settle down and drain.
- Throw down a half cup of baking soda into the drain.
- Pour in an equal amount of vinegar to start the chemical reaction.
- Cover the drain with a plug or with a piece of cloth and wait for 5 minutes.
- Pour another batch of boiling water down the drain.
Your drain should be free of the grime and sludge that hindered its use
Beautifying Your Bathroom
Pearly white bathroom tiles have a tendency to not stay the
same flawless way it did when it was first installed. Water stains, chemi
cal stains from soap and collected dirt from our bodies are some of the stuff that turn those tiles from immaculate to I’m staying away. Use nature’s cleanser for a sparkling bathroom look:
- Mix 1.5 cups of baking soda with half a cup of liquid soap or dishwashing liquid
- Mix half a cup of water.
- Mix in half a cup of vinegar.
- Stir the solution until it fully liquifies and the lumps are eliminated.
- Pour the mixture into a squirter, if you can reuse an old one that would be even better for the environment.
- Spray the solution liberally onto tiles and wipe them off with a sponge.
The dirt and grime didn’t even stand a chance!
Whitening Your Teeth
Tiles aren’t the only thing baking soda can clean and whiten. Your very own teeth can also benefit from the wonders of baking soda. Before seeking expensive dental whitening procedures, try this out first as it’s very inexpensive and since it’s natural it isn’t harmful to you at all:
- Mix about 1/3 cup of baking soda with a few drops of lemon juice and a teaspoon of water.
- Mix well until it becomes pasty.
- Dip your toothbrush into the paste and brush onto your teeth.
- Spend more time scrubbing the paste on the stain you want to remove from your teeth.
- Do this every other day for two weeks to see results.
When I first learned of what this quite ingredient sitting in my cupboard was capable of doing I was floored by it. These life hacks have saved me a ton of money and has lessened the amount of chemicals I use in my household. Even my dog couldn’t agree more on how beneficial using baking soda has been in our lives.